Sierra Vista has demonstrated our commitment to economic growth by putting our dollars behind our beliefs. Our economic development division will usher you through the development process, answering general questions, assisting with site selection and helping with permitting. And when you receive your certificate of occupancy, we will continue to assist with your needs, building a partnership that will last well into the future.
Some of the benefits of locating within Sierra Vista include:
- Development fee deferrals
- Fast track permitting and review
- Expedited plan check
- Site selection assistance
- Marketing and promotion
- Pre-development meetings
- Workforce development and training reimbursements
- Foreign trade zone
- Workforce demographics and average wages
- Business analysis
- Small business administration loans
- Business counseling
- Industrial development bonds — tax-exempt securities for manufacturing
- Energy auditing & Rebates
- Zero interest loans for electrical efficiency upgrades
- Zero interest facade improvement loans
Sierra Vista Permitting
The City of Sierra Vista has followed the State’s lead in being proactively business-friendly with our permitting processes, creating as much flexibility as possible. We understand that time is money in the business world and act as your partner through the processes, helping you to deliver a premier project without being mired in bureaucracy. Below are just a few of the ways we do this.
- Pre-submittal meetings are required for site development and subdivision work. These meetings help preempt concerns long before expensive, detailed development plans are drawn.
- Staff is readily accessible at any time for questions or meetings. Phone calls and e-mails are typically answered the same day.
- Once plans are submitted they are moved into the review process the same day.
- Review times are reasonable. Depending on the complexity of the project, first review comments for plats, site plans and large projects are returned within two to three weeks.
- Site development approvals occur administratively via a Development Review Committee (DRC) that includes staff reviewers and at least one Planning and Zoning Commission member.
- Architectural reviews also are administrative with the primary review conducted by Community Development staff.
- Architectural guidelines are conceptual and broadly interpreted.
- The City works with developers on more complex projects to address areas where site constraints or other challenges cause problems in terms of the Development Code by using development agreements to proactively address concerns.
- Development on the West End (west of 7th Street, north of Golf Links Drive) benefits from being located within the City’s “Infill Incentive” area. The provisions in the adopted policy allow flexibility due to small lots and other development constraints.